Why I’m safety practitioner, campaigner, or counsellor?

@safetitude: Why I’m safety practitioner, campaigner, or counsellor?
Several friends of mine spoke privately that why do I mention “I am a safety practitioner, campaigner, and counsellor” instead of proclaiming my designation. The question was genuine in the context that many boasts with designation at social media platform than with function they owe. Nothing is wrong anyway to do that, however, the purpose of being into the profession then gets defeated. A profession gets boost up when we make efforts within this world to create a difference otherwise it remained mere means of a livelihood. Coming back to me, I’m into the profession by choice and not by chance. I chose to be in Safety, though initially, I started my career as power plant professional. What’s better than this that my name SHEO (Safety, Health, Environment Officer) itself reflects of my profession, I’m into.  I feel high of mentioning I’m a safety; Practitioner – for I’m still in a pursuit of a journey (even after 27 years) of perfection by learning/practicing safety, Campaigner – for my untiring intent to continue sharing my learning for betterment to safety, and Counsellor – for my belief in empowering an err worker with facilitating rather than enforcing safety.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

@safetitude: 6-Steps Total Safety Culture Model