Thank you for your overwhelming valuable comments/suggestion etc. on "Beware of LTIFR-It's DECEPTIVE". I would like to state here that, through this write up, I only affirmed views of many safety practitioners. I would also like to say here, there is no harm in computing and publishing LTIFR. The only request I wanted to make here that LTIFR is unable to provide you any inference. A zero or near zero value may not reflect the underlying safety weaknesses of the organisation rather it renders the organisation complacence and in turn many good efforts in the direction of reducing injury are lessened or given up. Contrary to this, big number discourages the organisation and makes it feel low on this account. As such your LTIFR should not drive your safety programs and action strategy. The gist of the point is, we should keep our efforts directed towards reducing the ARBs-at-risk behaviours of the workers and increase SBs-safe behaviours on strong foundation of ...
Comments
Post a Comment